Saturday, September 6, 2008

Little Gretta

On Thursday night Manda told me about a sad story that happened to a two year old up north in Grand Rapids.  A little girl had gotten caught up in a cord from a blind at her house and ultimately died.  We talked in length how awful that would be, how fast it could happen and how we hoped the family was finding strength to go through all of this pain.
On Friday from talking to my mom and getting an email from Angie I realize that this little girl, Gretta, is my cousin Mike's, wife Angie's , sister Lesley's little girl.  (I know that's a bit confusing.  I just wanted to be sure people would know who I was referring to.)
Even though I don't directly know Lesley or her family my heart just goes out to them and all they are going through right now.  I pray that somehow God will help them get through this awful tragedy.  I honestly don't know how someone could have that kind of strength with such an amazing loss... It could only be from God.
It also makes me realize how short life can be as well as how dangerous are homes can be for little ones.  No one is immortal or invincible.  
Even though you don't know Gretta or her family please say a prayer for them.  During this time they could use all of the support that others are willing to give. 

No comments: