Monday, July 25, 2011

Our Wonder Dog




Last week we had another scare with Zoey the Wonder Dog.  Her back legs are progressively getting worse and will continue to do so.  Just like a person every once in awhile her legs "go out" leaving her with the inability to move without crying out in pain.
Hearing her cry out in pain is the worst...
The knowledge that she's a dog and her lifespan is short to begin with is hard too...
Luckily the mixture of pain pills and anti-inflammatory medication is doing the trick for right now and she seems to be somewhat back to her old self --- running in the backyard, performing crazy 8's and making herself cozy on her favorite spots.  However, she's doing all of that just a bit more gingerly and slower that she has in the past.
I know Zo's days are numbered and that's heartbreaking to me because I haven't loved a dog like this since the days of Sam in my childhood.  I so wish I could extend her life so she could always be with us.  It's only been five years; however, I cannot imagine our family without her.  She truly is our Wonder Dog.

1 comment:

LJFEIER said...

Five years? I remember those summer school days like yesterday. She really is a wonder. :)