Thursday, June 11, 2009

Knock knock...

Time to end the neglect-o-blog!
Ouch.
Clearly if I'm getting called out on facebook about not blogging it might have become an issue for those who check in often and see the same old thing posted. Sorry.
I know I promised to blog more often once summer got here because life would have miraculously slowed down. Yeah, right.
In the week that school has been out I've been in class and working in my classroom. It was during the last few weeks of teaching I realized that I haven't taken any classes since graduating with my master's degree five years earlier. Before I knew it I was signed up for six classes, twenty-one credits and had a completely booked June full of babysitter time for Anthony and very little summer-like fun for the two of us. But it will be worth it in the long run, right?
That being said, Mark and I decided to finally concede to the grandmas' request to have Anthony up north for a little visit. Both the Johnsons and Hansons will have Anthony for a week, which sounded great until it actually happened. I met my parents in Aitkin on Sunday morning and Anthony stayed with them until today when we met again so he could come home. He had a great time up north and had to tell us all about seeing cows and birds and ducks as well as going to the park and playing with Chester the dog. I am so thankful he has loving grandparents who he can spend time with and continue to build a relationship with them. That being said, though, it was really sad to have him away from us even for a few days. We certainly missed his giggles and constant talking and cars spread out everywhere in the living room as well as everything else that makes Anthony the wonderful little boy he is. At least I'll have a little time to recover until the next visit up north happens in mid-July.
Until then we will definitely be busy. Hopefully all will go well with my classes and there will be plenty of time to enjoy all the things we love about summer as well as update the blog on occasion.
Happy Mara?

2 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

It's about time! Missed you! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Tonja! :)