Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bye-bye

This past weekend I was so delighted to see our hand-me-down living room furniture go bye-bye at our garage sale. Everyone there was a bit horrified with their method of moving the furniture, though. When they said they would take the love seat that day I expected to see a truck back into our driveway. What they had, though, was a very small Chevy Malibu with no truck bed. Yikes. As they strapped it to the top of their car with no worries we were concerned about it making the trek all the way to St. Cloud safely. Apparently there were no issues because they came back for a chair on Saturday and then the full size couch on Monday using the exact same method of moving. I haven't heard of any reports of a couch situation on Highway 10 so I'm assuming everything went well. Whew.
Mark and I decided that we would just go couch-less for awhile and find some furniture over the summer that we liked. It turns out that happened faster than we expected. On Sunday we went to St. Cloud to celebrate Father's Day at Famous Dave's (Mark's all-time fav) and then he suggested we go look. That suggestion turned into finding a great deal and then making a purchase. (What a great Father's Day gift for Mark, huh?!) Even though everything won't be in for another three to four weeks I am so excited to transform our living space. Granted it won't be on a HGTV level, but it will still be awesome to have comfortable furniture that matches our taste a whole lot better. (Thanks, Jenn, as always, for being our underpaid personal researcher and shopper. What would I do without you?)

The sectional is a perfect size for our space plus I like the look of leather a lot.
I love this chair's funky pattern and vibrant colors. I'm hoping it will go well with the existing paint color and inspire us to further decorate our living room/dining room/kitchen space. We also got the matching ottoman, which makes it super comfy too. I'm looking forward to reading lots of books there.
Lastly, I found this end table in the clearance section and I really liked how it matched the design on the chair.

Hopefully when everything gets here in late July it will all look good and give us the comfortable, grown up space we've been wanting. Now I just have to convince Mark we need to get the carpet cleaned while the living room is bare!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks familiar! You will love it; it is very comfy and durable. Having leather with children is a must!

I really enjoyed spending time with you this past weekend! It was a blast to hang out and "garage sale"...

Ashley said...

That's exciting! I'm already looking forward to seeing pictures of the new set-up in July.

Curt recently cleaned our carpet with local rental equipment, and we were shocked by how well it worked, so you might want to try that route if you're feeling brave!

Emily said...

Love the new furniture!

Team Tuttle said...

I love how everyone is in love with the new furniture but completely forgetting about the COUCH on top of the MALIBU! That's HILARIOUS! I love what people come up with - kind of reminds me of D and the Deer. HA! :)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they were from Farmington? Kinda reminded me of the people loading up the patio set on Erin's street! LOL!