Tuesday, November 30, 2010

We'll Always Remember

Grandma Jean
March 31, 1925 - November 27, 2010

Jean P. Pluth, age 85, of Chisholm, died on Saturday, November 27, 2010 at Heritage Manor Health Care Center in Chisholm. She was born in Onamia, MN on March 31, 1925 to Emmett and Elva (Daniels) Walls. She graduated from Klamoth Falls, Oregon and married Leonard M. Pluth. Jean was a long time Chisholm resident who loved spending time with her family. To her grandchildren she was not only their grandmother but their friend and confidant. She was an avid reader and enjoyed cooking.

Jean is survived by daughters, Carol (Marv) Hanson of Grand Rapids, Barbara (John) Steenberg of Andover, MN, and Debra (Joe) Hanson of Anoka, MN, eight grandchildren, Dana Maki, Mark (Tonja) Hanson, Brian (Tiffany) Maki, Brandon (Sara) Maki, Jami Hanson, Christina (Todd) Buckingham, Joe (Stephanie) Hanson, and Aaron Hanson, five great-grandchildren, sister, Verna Johnson, brother, Doug (Peg) Walls, numerous nieces and nephews.

She is preceded in death by her husband Leonard, grandson, Matthew, three sisters and four brothers.



The matriarch of the Pluth family died on Friday. Although I am sadden by the loss of our grandma, I find myself giving thanks and celebrating her life. My only wish is that there would have been more time --- a decade together was just too short. I want more visits, more conversations and my own cooking lessons on how to make her homemade ravioli, pasties, and patetsa; I want Anthony to spend more time in Chisholm with his great-grandma.
Thank you, Grandma Jean, for your life and for this family. It's because of you that we have two wonderful aunts, Barb and Debbie, who we love dearly. It's also because of you that I have an amazing mother-in-law who loves, cares, gives and is such an important part of our lives. My heart goes out to all three of them as they grieve and miss your presence in their lives. Along with uncles and grandkids and great-grandkids this family has grown and is such a joy to be a part of. I promise that your legacy will live on throughout the years as we continue to grow and come together as a family to celebrate. Your memory and presence will always be there with us; we'll always remember and we'll always love you.

Miss Me, But Let Me Go
Author Unknown
When I come to the end of the day,
And the sun has set for me.
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little, but not too long,
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love we once shared---
Miss me, but let me go.
For this is a journey we all must take,
And each must go alone.
It's all part of the maker's plan,
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick at heart
Go to the friends we know.
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds---
Miss me, but let me go.

4 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

It's never easy but I'm so glad it wasn't drawn out. No more pain. Love you and praying for everyone!

LJFEIER said...

Wonderful post, Ton. You are going to do a great job tomorrow.

ClubChanga5 said...

So many great memories. She sounds like an amazing woman who lived a great life! You will do her proud as you speak tomorrow. Have a safe journey.

Emerson, Brockton and Marquette Hare said...

What a perfect poem. Yay for Grandma who lived a long and blessed life! If only we can all be so lucky...

Have a safe trip.