Monday, April 12, 2010

Be our village

Tonight I feel a bit defeated and overwhelmingly sad.
My heart aches for our child.
As we continue to push forward I feel like other forces push us back.
The Past continues to haunt and hinder;
it's presence lurks in our home.
The pain oozes out of him in an onslaught of verbal and physical actions.
I believe in the power of prayer and that God's love can conquer all.
Therefore I remain hopeful and work towards defying the odds.
I know, though, we cannot do this alone.
It does take a village to raise a child, to work with a family and weather the storms of life.
Right now we need that kind of support.
Please pray.

6 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

I'm here for you chief! :) Love you!:)

Anonymous said...

You've been on my mind ever since your last post. I don't have words. I met a woman in the airport last week who adopted a chronically neglected 13 year old girl from Russia. The girl only spoke Russian and the she only spoke English. It was only the beginning of their struggles. She was drawn to this orphanage when she heard the statistic that only 20% of the women who leave this home were alive 5 years after reaching 17, the age when they were released. She said she goes to bed on the hard days thinking that no matter what happens, she's given her daughter a better than 20% shot at life. Unfortunately, after only a 15 minute conversation our plane boarded. I could have spoken with her all evening. Although different, I couldn't help but think of your situation. I don't have any great words of advice, but do believe that God only brings us TO what he's committed to bring us THROUGH.

And if it makes you feel better, at least you didn't PEE YOUR PANTS in front of DQ this week! :)

Happy to be your village...
Mara

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing and thanks for the messages! I keep you and your family in my daily prayers and ask others to as well. Anthony is beyond blessed to be with you and Mark! Your love and your parenting amazes me everyday...keep up the great work and keep your faith...He answers prayers! Love you! Molly

Jo said...

I will continue to pray for you.

LJFEIER said...

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” Mahatma Gandhi

Erin said...

I love your honesty. I wish I had something really profound to say, maybe I'll just be the village idiot. Ditto what everyone else has said and more! Love You! yay team!