Monday, December 28, 2009

"I Shy"

After days and weeks of Santa talk it all came down to the big moment. On the way to Cabela's he was chatting up a storm about what he wanted to tell Santa and how he was going to sit on his lap, etc. etc. etc. When we got in line, though, a whole new Anthony emerged.
"I not want to take off my coat."
"I not want to show Santa my choo choo sweater."
"I not want to get a picture with Santa."
You get the overall idea.
The result was this non-smiling, coat wearing and slightly scared looking picture of Anthony by his beloved Santa. After a few painful moments by the big guy daddy picked up Anthony and we walked away. When asked why he didn't do all of the things he had talked about doing with Santa his reply was, "I shy."
Oh well. At least he got to visit him before Christmas and we got this lovely photo capturing the moment.

2 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

I'm going to have to side with A on this one... I recall never wanting to sit on Santa's lap, have the Easter Bunny look at me OR wanting to not eat at McDonalds if Ronald was there... I was a weird child. imagine. :)

Sara said...

Isla says "I shy" all the time!!! When in fact, she is less than shy, but sometimes around new people she does get a little shy for a few minutes. I thinks it so funny that they say the same thing!!