Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Anthony's Booger Saga

This story started a few weeks ago and has continued during our morning trek (okay, it's a five minute drive) in our spaceship (technically, it's a mini-van, but I tell Anthony it's a spaceship because it just sounds way cooler and fun) on the way to daycare.

A: Mom.
M: Yes, Bubsa Bo.
A: I not like my nose.
M: Why?
A: It keeps making boogers. (Then comes the sniffing, snorting, and other awful sounds from the backseat as he tries to suck back all the gunk in his nose.)

Of course this made me laugh and kept me giggling throughout the day at work.

Next day

A: Mom
M: Yes, Bubsa Bo.
A: I'm mad.
M: Why, Bud?
A: It's doing it again?
M: What's "doing it"?
A: My nose is making lots of boogers again. (Insert the sniffing, snorting, and other awful sounds from the backseat as he tries to suck back all the gunk in his nose noises once again.)

Another day

A: I not like you snot. (Sniff) I just wish you would go away. (Snort) I don't want boogers in my nose.

Yesterday morning

A: (Singing) Boogers, boogers, boogers, (big suck in of snot) boogers, boogers, (another snort) go away. I not like you boogers, boogers, boogers, boogers...

For five glorious minutes I got to hear the song, snorting and lots of whines from the backseat. Clearly Anthony's nose and the amount of snot it's producing is creating a problem for him. Although, I have to admit his serious problem has been a great chuckle for me on so many days!
Oh, I cannot wait for the day when he learns to blow his nose and show those boogers who's boss! Maybe I should try the blow bubbles with your nose through a straw trick or do you have a better suggestion that's tried and true? Otherwise it could be a long winter for Anthony being mad at his nose and you could be stuck reading more posts about boogers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha. What a great story. His words made me laugh out loud, especially "I not like you, snot."