Monday, September 5, 2011

Modern Day Love



Mark absolutely will not want this picture and writing posted on the blog, but I truly couldn't resist.  I heard the vacuum going in the garage and peeked out to find him cleaning out our disaster of a van.  After a summer of camping, parades, multiple trips up north, weekly therapy appointments, trips to the pool, various county fairs, etc the spaceship was a disaster.  More often than not I find it's the little, mundane things that really matter.  Every time Mark does something like this or folds a load of clothes, mows the lawn, washes dishes, cleans up Anthony's room, goes grocery shopping I feel his genuine love for me and our little family.  That modern day love (thank you so much for the accurate term, WJF!) will always mean more to me than flowers and poetry.