Monday, June 13, 2011

Extreme Garage Saling

Reduce, reuse, recycle

An easy way to "go green" is to reuse.  "One person's trash is another person's treasure."  Right?

Last Thursday and Friday I really had a fun time shopping the local garage sales and finding GREAT, reusable items for our family.  Now that everything is washed and put away I seriously cannot believe how much I was able to purchase for $98.50.  Every item is name brand, in great condition and was purchased for a fraction of the cost.

Anthony
1 jacket
8 pairs of pants
6 pairs of jammies
8 long sleeve T-shirts
3 flannels
4 sweatshirts
7 T-shirts
5 pairs of shorts

Chubby Chubberton
3 complete outfits
1 long sleeve T-shirt
3 T-shirts

Marko
1 T-shirt

Me
1 super cute dress (Love it!)
3 super cute skirts (Can't wait to wear them!)
1 unbelievably comfy pants (SERIOUSLY comfy...WOW!)
2 cute, cute, cute sweaters (I'm in love!)

I now think TLC should have a spin-off of their new show Extreme Couponing.  They could call it Extreme Garage Saling and Tracy could be the host!  That girl KNOWS how to find a great sale and how to stay away from the crappy ones just by doing a quick drive by.  She seriously has skill in how to "hit the mother load".

3 comments:

The Sellheim Story said...

Tracy is totally the star of that show!I'd watch it:)

LJFEIER said...

I might have to give it another chance. I must have decided to jump in on a crappy day, huh?

Emily said...

Do we need to get you a bumper sticker that says Will Stop for Garage Sales? ;)

I went out myself last weekend, found a bunch of milk glass for our centerpieces for the wedding and a great frame for our menu board. :)