Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Twenty-Ten!

I'm not delusional.  I won't be a mother who rants that her son is the smartest, fastest, wittiest, funniest, most artistic or articulate, etc. etc.
I, however, am a momma who cheers her son on and loves to see what he accomplishes on a day-to-day basis. 
Honestly, I don't know if he's miles ahead or behind where he should be.  I just celebrate where he's at and am thankful for each stepping stone along the way that I get to share with him.

  
I absolutely enjoy watching him write his name.  (Especially when he's totally in the zone with his tongue sticking out!)  It's been fun as a parent, and educator, to see him start making shapes and recognizing that each letter stands for something.  We started off with a template of his name to refer to and copy.  Now he works almost exclusively by himself and knows what each letter should look like.  He's even starting to putting the letters closer together and getting his name someone straight across.
I'm so proud of A for learning and growing and trying through all of his challenges!

My favorite right now is his counting.  He likes to remind me that he's getting older and that he'll be five at his next birthday.  Of course I cringe at the thought. (Seriously?!  A five year old!  Where's my chubby cheeks beautiful baby boy?)  My cringing makes him giggle, which causes him to count furiously laughing all the while.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 20-10!"

He loves getting all the way to 20-10 and seeing my reaction.

Cute, cute, cute.

Can't wait to see all that he will accomplish in the days, weeks and years to come.  Way to go, Bubsa Beetle!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It sounds like your four-year-old is right about where we preschool teachers would like him to be as far as academics. His name looks great, he counts past 10, can name over 10 letters, and probably names colors and shapes well. Good work keeping him motivated and engaged, Mama! :)