Friday, May 13, 2011

Chapter 157

Teaching is rewarding, inspiring, frustrating, difficult at times and always packed full of rich material.  Every year I think I should write a book about the true-life experiences that happen in a day-to-day classroom.  
Earlier this year I had a classic fart story with a special twist that would have made a great chapter in this tell all book.  Eight years ago during a book talk I had a student state that her book was so good she almost pooped her pants!  Today could have been chapter 157 if I had been on the ball and writing everything down these past ten years.

A student walks into class during my prep.

Ms. H – “Bob”, you’re here?!

Bob – Yeah.  I had to go to the doctor this morning.

Ms. H – Oh really.  Why is that?

Bob – Last night while I was sleeping I kept punching myself in the face and this morning my parents had to bring me to see the doctor.

Ms. H – What?!  You fight with yourself while you sleep?!  Seriously?! …do not laugh out loud…do not laugh out loud….  Oh.

Bob – Yeah, the doctor even said he punches himself when he sleeps too.

Ms. H – Who in the world is your doctor?  Yikes! …do not laugh out loud…do not laugh out loud…. Oh.  Interesting.

Seventh graders! 
They say the darndest things.
Thanks, Bob.
I’ll try not to fight with myself tonight.
Please try to do the same.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh, the things we should have written down over the years of working with kids!!!