Monday, October 11, 2010

Beavers to Bulldogs

Eleven years ago tonight our story began.
This Grand Rapids guy fell for a Deer River girl
all because of a GR hockey sweatshirt.

After weeks of sitting by each other in Sports Psychology class
and many Thursday nights at Keg N' Cork,
Mark asked me out.
Most of the credit goes to my roommate, Rachel, though.
She made it abundantly clear that I liked him
and would love to go out.
She was absolutely right.
We saw our first movie together, Random Hearts,
at the Amigo Theater.
It was absolutely dreadful,
but we were both too shy to say anything.
Then we went to Perkins for a slice of pie
and our first real conversation.
After that first date our time together snowballed
into more dates & opportunities to get to know each other.
We spent the rest of our months together at BSU
going for late night walks, watching Sunday football,
and building a relationship that has turned into what it is today.

All the rest is a history of
love,
marriage,
parenthood
and going through this life
together
hand in hand.

8 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

Okay, the whole post I'm totally confused because I know I didn't miss your anniversary... or did I? Love you both bunches and glad you had Rachel to help you along!

Team Tuttle said...

P.S... what the heck are you wearing!?!

Erin said...

What a great picture...looks like it could have been taken last week, you look the same! Which after 11 years IS a compliment!

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Thanks, Erin!
Oh, dear sister. You know I am wearing something totally cool and fashionable. I'm not sure what it was, but I'm always so hip and with the times.
And, no, you didn't miss our anniversary. Last night was our the anniversary of our first DATE. I know. Sad, huh?! I actually remember the date of our first date. It is somehow engraved into my brain.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ClubChanga5 said...

I am impressed by your blogging! I love reading your honest and sincere posts. I love forward to them and you have such a way with words that is so fun to read! LOVE the photo of you and Mark!! Great post!

LJFEIER said...

Too cute! You're so sentimental.

Anonymous said...

I love this post! What a picture! Love you guys! ~molly