Sunday, May 30, 2010

Take me out to the ball game

In true fashion we were able to get together with the Lefebvres to celebrate Erin's birthday. For the past couple of years we've typically gotten together and have had a great time as always. This year our destination was Target Field and I couldn't have been happier since we weren't planning a trip to the new ball park this summer. TC's new home is amazing plus it was great to have an afternoon chatting with my oldest and dearest friend.

We decided to try out the new Northstar line, which boards in Big Lake and brings you right to Target Field. It turned out to be a great option and one we're looking forward to taking Anthony on soon. He will absolutely love the train.
The highlight of the ride there was a talkative nine year old who was asking several questions and telling us her life story to her dad's chagrin. At one point she interrupted our conversation to ask us if we were brother and sister. I burst out laughing and couldn't stop. I guess that's what happens when two blondes with the last names of Hanson and Johnson get married.

This picture really doesn't do the new stadium justice. Our seats were amazing, the view was spectacular and I think I've become a believer. I thought I would really miss the dome, but outdoor baseball (sun, sweat and all) was a great experience.
Charlie and Mark enjoying the game.
The birthday girl!
Happy 33rd, Erin.

1 comment:

Team Tuttle said...

Have I comment on how JEALOUS I was that you got to go to a Twins game?!? It looks amazing - I can't wait to go to a game!