Sunday, May 30, 2010

Alive?

Inevitably if I'm having a busy day and unable to email Mark I will eventually receive an email from him with this in the subject line. Naturally he's concerned and just wants to make sure everything is going okay.
I'm sure none of you have been worried, but you have been checking in only to find nothing new since early May. From the moment I accidentally left my camera up north combined with trying to wrap up another year of school (and correcting) the blog has been put at the very bottom of the to do list. (Well this and cleaning the house...)

The biggest, and greatest, news is that Anthony DID qualify to receive special education services for preschool starting next year. Since I last blogged we wrapped up the assessment piece, received notification, went through his IEP/created a plan and signed the paperwork. It was really nice to see the classroom he will be in next year and know that it will be the best possible setting for him. He will be riding a bus four afternoons a week to spend time with Amy and the rest of the kids in her classroom. Right now I feel relieved and so grateful that everything worked out. I'm sure by the end of the summer I'll be a bit worried and overcome with how-did-my-baby-get-to-be-so-big emotions.

The Feierabends had their annual spring BBQ party and, as always, it was a great time with great friends. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera, but Jenn had hers and did a great job capturing our time together.

Laura is PREGNANT and starting to show! We are beyond excited for "Monster Mike and Lola" (Anthony's nicknames) and cannot wait to meet Baby Selly in the fall.

Chow time. The kids all play so well together and have a great time.
Miss Adele is cute.
Seriously cute.
I am completely in love.
The night was topped off with a bonfire and s'mores.

Hopefully as the school year ends and summer officially gets started there won't be too many long pauses for The Hat Trick. Our summer is already looking busy and I'm looking forward to every moment of spending time together and with our family and friends. We're planning a get away to a cabin in July along with some camping trips, swimming lessons, Wednesday morning movies and community ed classes. The best part will be putting my professional life on hold for three months and just concentrate on being Anthony's mommy. I'll be sure to have my camera with me and capture our adventures.

2 comments:

LJFEIER said...

I'm glad you're back!!! Now stop assigning so many big papers so you can keep up. Kidding... but seriously, giving up the Outlet Mall for correcting on a Friday night before a holiday weekend? :)

Team Tuttle said...

Yeah for Laura and Mike... so excited for them! (She's cute with her little belly!) Going to have to agree with Jenn - all these assignments are messing up your conversation/fun time with your friends and um, sister - duh! :)