Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful

We had a great time up north celebrating Thanksgiving, but in true Tonja fashion I didn't take a single photo showcasing the fun we had and our time spent with family. The meal was delicious - thanks, as always, mom - and the groans were heard around the table as I ask my famous yearly question.

What are you thankful for this year?

I truly love the Thanksgiving holiday because the whole theme of the day could be a theme of my life. Everyday I try to remember to give thanks and be grateful for all that I have. Too many times individuals get fixated on the "stuff" they don't have and lose sight of everything they have been so wonderfully blessed with. I try not to get sucked into the "keeping up with the Joneses" philosophy and be content with what I do have. (Although, some days I struggle with that more than I would like to admit.)
That being said, though, I always try to focus on the positives - the gifts - the reasons to be thankful.
Undoubtedly, I have...
a wonderful family!
an amazing husband and beautiful little boy!
a job I love!
a house that keeps us warm and feels like our home!
great friends!
many good days with great health!
The list could continue on with all the little and large blessings in my life.
What are you thankful for this year?
Please share! I would love to know.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Once again this year I'm thankful for family, friends, my job and life I have in Owatonna. But I'm really thankful this year for Mark coming into my life with his adorable daughter, Brooke, and EXTREMELY grateful for his new job at Wells Fargo that he was able to start today. :) :)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

That's awesome, Emily! I so glad that your 2009 is wrapping up on so many positive notes.

Sara said...

Tonja, you are always such an inspiration! I am thankful for so much, many of the same things you noted. I know I can always look at your blog and be reminded about how good our life really is. Thanks for always reminding me of the silver lining!