Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Baby Showers Galore

It's just like me to plan and plan for something, but then forget to take my camera out and capture all of the moments. (Even the mommy-to-be was taking pictures at her own showers. However, that's really not a big surprise...) This weekend mom and I hosted two baby showers for my 7 1/2 months along sister. Both showers were a lot of fun with many laughs - mostly due to my sister's stand up comedian show! For me it was wonderful to watch her be on the receiving end of so much love. She always does a great job of remembering everything and everybody. She knows exactly how to make people feel special and loved. It would be impossible to be in Manda's life without knowing you are appreciated and that she cares about you. To see her get all of that love returned was a great sight.
On Saturday night she called me at least five times at my parent's house to thank us and then let us know something new about her gifts. She was busy going through everything, showing Damon and then organizing them into bins until the baby's room is completed. Her excitement is contagious and I cannot wait to see the baby's room come together and, ultimately, for this little guy to join our family.
As for the shirt, I have to thank mom, Erik and Deb - Manda's mother-in-law - for helping me pull it all together. Of course, in true Manda style, she loved it and wore it to both showers. I'm sure she'll even be one to wear it around town now and even after the baby comes! I will always love her spunk, humor and endless zest for life.
Even though the weekend was busy it was great! Plus I came home to a husband who did an endless amount of chores around the house. Whether it was vacuuming, organizing the crawl space and bins or touching up the paint in our house it was DONE. I'm thinking Anthony and I need to spend even more weekends up north now and leave daddy-o behind!

4 comments:

Casa de Morrow said...

It was so fun!!

I can't wait to go over to the house and see it FULL of baby stuff. Manda said the livingroom looks like it puked baby all over since they have no place to put everything yet!

I'm SO excited for them!

You did a great job!!

Team Tuttle said...

Thank you again for such a fun filled weekend with friends and family - we are so blessed with all the wonderful items we received for baby! Now its just figuring out where in the world we are going to put everything! :)

Ashley said...

How exciting! I agree that it is so much fun to see your sister enjoy some of the same fun, loving moments you yourself have enjoyed in the past as they go through what you've been through. I love the sweatshirt - hilarious!

Anonymous said...

i am not real fond of that shirt