Saturday, October 31, 2009

Jack-o-Lantern Fun!

After picking out our pumpkins at the farm on Saturday we were all set to carve them Sunday night after supper. I have to admit that I love this tradition and I'm so excited Mark and Anthony are all on board to have some great family fun too!

Here is the master pumpkin carver at our house! Thankfully daddy is always on hand to help out Anthony (okay, this mommy too) and give a hand in creating three jack-o-lanterns every year.

Got to love that look! He's definitely working hard. This year Anthony was willing to get his hands dirty and dig the "guts" out of his pumpkin. That is until he actually touched it and exclaimed that it was icky. After I got everything out then he worked on cleaning it up. Good plan, A!

Nice. His smile has evolved into the mom-wants-to-take-another-picture-so-I'm-just-going-to-give-her-the-most-ridiculous-smile-EVER. Lovely. Please note his gloves. These aren't just any gloves, but rather his "working gloves". A job like this - repeatedly stabbing his pumpkin - requires such a thing apparently. He then proceeded to eat his popcorn with them and even sleep with them on. Thankfully we were able to ditch them before going to daycare on Monday.

OOohhhhh.
Aaahhhhhh.
Aren't they wonderful all lit up?!
I must say I was quite impressed by our creations this year and the fact that I didn't use a single triangle. That's utterly amazing for me.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Team Tuttle said...

I love how his crazy smile matches the pumpkin! The pumpkins do look great - I especially like the one with the arms - nice! :)