Monday, April 13, 2009

The Goodwill Find!


Two weekends ago while I was up in Grand Rapids I found this awesome Pier 1 set at the local Goodwill. I initially fell in love with the look of the vase and bought the plate too after a lady pointed it out. (Good thing since I didn't see it at all!) I thought they would be a good filler on our large, what-do-we-do-with-that-space? shelf in the entryway. Now that it's up there I'm not too sure. The color blends in with the paint and it doesn't really pop at all. Plus, what should the layout even look like? Once again it makes me realize how much I dislike decorating. I watch HGTV and love the outcomes of those shows, which make a house look like a home. When I try to do it, though, it all falls apart. I think the main problem is that I don't know what my style is and I haven't taken the time to play around with different things - pictures, colors, vases, etc.
Clearly, this space needs some else, right? For one thing I would love to add some color to this room. My exciting finds don't really add that at all.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Any takers to just decorate my house so I can be done with it???

4 comments:

Emily said...

Cute! This reminded me of the bag jamie got for Easter from her grandma. Her grandma found a genuine Coach handbag at the local Goodwill for only $15. Like Jamie said, you can't even find a knockoff coach bag for $15!

Team Tuttle said...

Add greens or flowers - that will give it the 'homie' look you're going for.... I love both of those picks and the price! :)

Love yoU! :)

Jo said...

What's wrong with blending in? If everything stands out then really nothing stands out. Just a thought.

Emerson, Brockton and Marquette Hare said...

Very cute! I heart the Goodwill!

I need to come over and see this set. Could you put the set above your cabinets in the kitchen and move something else to the spot in the entry?