Friday, April 27, 2012

Clinging to Hope

"Hope is a miracle drug. When we allow in even the tiniest microscopic speck of hope that things can get better, it generates in even the most wounded heart the energy to begin the long, slow, bumpy journey back." - Wendy Keller 


Lately we've had more downs than ups.  The daily barrage is painful, exhausting and so very sad.

There's always hope, though.
Hope for happy moments, carefree days, a healthy Bubsa Boo.

All of his words, his actions show his pain.
The pain gives me a glimpse into his story --- the past trauma.
It makes me cringe.
He didn't deserve this.
No child does.

So I keep loving.
I keep smiling.
I keep giving.
I keep trying.
I keep caring.
I keep being mommy.

I can't give up.
Even when the days are hard.
I don't want to give up.

I'm still holding onto it.
My miracle drug ---- hope.

No comments: