Saturday, February 25, 2012

Just Because....

When I was younger I always wanted more friends.  Back then I equated more with better.  Since then I have learned the lesson that I was suppose to learn from the beginning --- quality is better than quantity.  As I look at my life I have been undoubtedly blessed when it comes to friendships.  There are true people in my life who really know and love me.  What a gift!

- Growing up I had a wonderful best friend, who was more like another sister, and really helped me through all of the trials and triumphs of those early years --- bad hair, acne, crushes, etc. 
- In college I meet some beautiful souls who will always be an important part of my life regardless of where life has taken us now.
- Throughout the years my sister crossed over from being a sibling into a confidant and close friend.
- Sprinkled in between the years have been some wonderful people I have met along the way.  Some have stayed while others have gone, but all of them have made an impact in one way or another.


 Some who've made a forever impact in my adult life has been my Becker-amily.  What a surprise to find a group of girlfriends (as well as their husbands and kiddos) who have crossed over from co-workers into such an important part of my life.  




Yesterday after school they surprised me with a visit in my classroom that included chai tea for everyone and this thoughtful, perfect Hanson household gift.  (One that I had been eyeing up on Etsy as of late.)  
Why?
It wasn't a friend-vention.
All has been going well, really well with Anth these past few weeks.
Their visit and thoughtfulness was just because.
I LOVE just because visits and cards and surprises and moments in life!

I am absolutely convinced that God knew I would need all of these wonderful individuals in my life to support, love and help me through all the moments of my life.  I give thanks for these friendships and wish all others could experience the joy of all this love and acceptance.  

No comments: