Friday, February 26, 2010

Potluck Fridays

The Girls enjoying the moment

I've been talking all school year about instituting a monthly Friday potluck get together. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy, everyone would share the duty of bringing something to eat and it would give us all a chance to forget about the chaos of life and just spend time together. PLUS our families could all be together and the kiddos could get a chance to play and bond.
I must be crazy, though. For whatever reason, I planned today as our first potluck. This week has been nutso busy; almost every night we had something going on. (On Tuesday I started night class from 4:00-9:00; Wednesday night was therapy; and Thursday night was therapy for Mark and Anthony and parent teacher conferences for me.) Although we were busy and feeling a bit exhausted, I am so glad we decided to have our friends over. It's always nice for me to see the kids play together and also have the chance to be involved in a variety of conversations throughout the night. I love that our get togethers have evolved into such comfortable events with people who were strangers just years ago, but now are treasured friends. We really appreciate our Becker-amily and feel so thankful to have such a great support network. Hopefully the Friday potluck idea will take off so we can plan on more time together to cultivate these great relationships.

I love this scene! The kids are eating, adults are snacking/eating and having a few drinks and EVERYONE is involved in conversation.

Baby Adele --- aka Miss Happy Cutie Pie Pants
Clara (Popcorn Girl), Anthony, Rylan and Camden's goofy pose

2 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

I LOVE your happy photo and am also so glad you guys have an opportunity to relax with each other! And Ru is ADORABLE !

LJFEIER said...

We are all so darn lucky to have one another! :) Thanks for hosting what turned out to be an even better evening that we anticipated (which was hard to top, especially for Luke).