Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kate

Last weekend I had the opportunity to visit a reader.

psychic...
clairvoyant....
mystic...
occult...
spiritual...
telekinetic...
telepathic...
transmundane (good one thersaurus.com!)...

There are lots of names to describe her and her abilities.  There's also lots of skeptics of her and her abilities.

This particular reader, Kate, just seems so natural and sensible.  She seems to have a gift to be in touch with something/someone that I cannot, for whatever reason, see or hear or even begin to comprehend.  Her words feel like a message I was meant to hear --- one that I needed to hear.

There is no turban and gaudy jewelry.  No hocus pocus.  No witchcraft and wizardry.

Just Kate.  Normal Kate.  Easily-could-be-my-friend, Kate.

She said a great deal on Saturday and some words have stuck with me more than others.

You are doing a good job --- don't doubt that.

Stop feeling sorry for him; he's no longer in that life.

Let him be who he is.  Back off and stop being an overprotective parent.

You are helping him to be the person he's going to be versus the person he could be.  


How does she know exactly what to say?!  Are these statements so general that anyone could be given them and feel better about the situation they are in?  I may have paid for a bunch of crap and complete hogwash.  Maybe I've been filled with false hope and a whole pack of lies.  I choose and hope to believe that there truly is something more and that every once in awhile that something more and average, mundane me connects.

1 comment:

Team Tuttle said...

I really want to meet Kate some day - it would be so interesting!