Saturday, January 1, 2011

Our Break

Overheard today:

A: Mom, when is Delly coming over?
M: She's not. Remember she's sick and her baby sister was just born?
A: Oh. Well I miss her.

A: Mom, call Jenn to see if Ry and Cam can come over and play.
M: Remember Ry and Cam are visiting their grandma and papa for a few days.
A: They've been gone forever and I miss them.

A: Let's have Asher over today. I want to play with him.
M: Remember Grand Rapids is a long ways away.
A: That's okay. Uncle Damon and Auntie Manda know how to drive.

A: I really like Nicholas.
M: I really like Nick too.
A: So let's call him up and tell him to come over.
M: Bud. We'll see him in a few weeks at his birthday party.
A: Oh....

A: What do you think Emerson is doing today?
M: Probably hanging out with his mommy and daddy.
A: Do you think he would want to play with me again today?

A: So you think Asher is coming to see me?
M: Sweetheart, remember Ash lives far away?
A: But I still want to see him.

A: I wonder what Popcorn Girl is doing today?
A: Do you think Andersyn would play with me?
A: Mom, call up Lola and have her ask Baby Amalia if she would like to come over.


Our Christmas was great, but having a week off at home has been just as wonderful. Anthony and I have been busy going on adventures everyday and trying to find different ways to have fun while being at home. It's been relaxing, non-stressful and such a good change of pace from the typical race of everyday life. We've spent time having "battles" on his bedroom floor with good guys vs. bad guys, we went sledding on a beautiful 30 degree morning, we became fish for a night and spent a good chunk of time in the pool and going down Becker's finest water slide and we even made it to Yogi Bear with daddy yesterday.
I've loved every moment of our break; however, I realized today that Anthony is missing his social interactions with friends at daycare and school. He's itching to play with someone and have some fun. I'm positive that when Monday rolls around he'll be excited to reunite with friends and jump back into the daily routine while I'll be a bit more sad to see this wonderful week behind us already.

7 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

Seriously cute! I really do wish that we lived closer - we would have definitely came over and played!

Maria said...

Eli is looking forward to getting back to Amy's, too, to be back with friends...

LJFEIER said...

Too cute. We didn't have the heart to tell the boys that A and E were here on NYE without him. :)

ClubChanga5 said...

LOVE IT!!!

Ashley said...

It's so much fun knowing they have friends that they love and miss when they're not together! Plus a huge developmental milestone parents can be proud of.

Unknown said...

Too cute. Glad you had such a nice break with your son. It's always tough to get back to the grind.

Uncle airwick said...

Awesome. :) can't wait to see my fav 4 yr old this wknd... Think were going to build and igloo-ish snow fort.. I might have to go to the rents and start working on a big ass pile of snow :) and a bonfire and hotdogs and marshmellows... Ohhhhhhh the fun hopefully manna n ash can come play too...